Integrating Sustainability into the Organization, Interactive Learning
This Onsite Class is offered on Day 3 of our Fall and Spring Sustainability Assessment and Planning Boot Camp Training Programs. Fall 2019 Boot Camp Program, October 21-23, 2019. Spring 2019 Boot Camp Program, March 26-28, 2019.
Sustainability Integration: Getting Buy-in for Your Initiatives,
Recognizing the critical role that business skills play in helping sustainability leaders influence their organizations, we are dedicating Day 3 to the topic: “Sustainability Integration: Getting Buy-in for Your Initiatives, Creating Value.” This will be a practical, hands-on workshop designed to equip sustainability professionals with the business knowledge and tools needed to engage senior executives and create winning proposals that result in the best argument for why the company should support your efforts. In addition to providing a roadmap for integrating sustainability with the business, we will cover the most essential strategy and finance concepts that help executives connect the dots between sustainability initiatives and shareholder value. This will complement the sessions on LCA and SROI earlier in the week by helping participants apply these tools in ways that have the greatest impact.
Beginner or experienced sustainability professionals and beginner or experienced LCA practitioners who want to get managements’ support of their strategies and programs. If you have a program you are working on, work on your own project with expert guidance. If you don’t have your own strategy or program yet, there will be suggestions to use for hands-on learning.
- Introduction: Integrating Sustainability with the Core Business
- Why integrating sustainability with the business is needed to create shareholder value; A roadmap for integrating sustainability; Case study.
- Strategy 101
- What is strategic positioning?; How to map a company’s core strategy; Case study.
- Finance: Creating Shareholder Value
- Interpreting financial statements (income statement, balance sheet); Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) as a key metric of value creation; Exercise: calculating ROIC.
- Exercise: Integrating Sustainability at an Online Retailer (case study)
- Materiality assessment; Connecting the dots between sustainability initiatives, strategy, and value creation; Making an effective pitch to executives.
- Exercise: Integrating Sustainability At Your Organization
- Advancing a sustainability initiative you analyzed earlier in the week; Identifying your company’s high-level strategy; Connecting the dots; Presenting your proposal.
- Wrap-up and Debrief
- Solidifying insights from the week; Applying what you’ve learned back home.
Duration: 7 hours
All 3-Days: $3,000
Can't attend all week? Purchase the day(s) that work best with your schedule.
Per Day Option: $1250
Student Discount: Students receive a 50% discount on all EarthShift Global classes (provided minimum attendance requirements are met).
October 23, 2019 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EDT The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
March 28, 2019 9:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT Bay Area, CA
All classes are subject to minimum attendance requirements.
Lunch is provided. All students are required to bring a laptop, a wireless connection will be provided. A free, temporary license will be given for our software that we will use such as, EarthSmart, or PackageSmart – our LCA software or 3Pillars, our S-ROI software.
Before the class you will receive a copy of the presentation slides, which you can print out and use for note taking during the class. These often prove to be a great help when conducting future analyses.
Space is limited, so please reserve yours now – Call (207) 608-6228, or click below to Register.
Sustainability Boot Camp a Success. . . Check Out the Buzz!