Sustainability: Free Webinar | Call for Papers | Onsite Packaging Course
March 2016 Newsletter
- Brown Bag Webinar Series - Free webinar with John Rooks of Rapport on April 19th 1:00 PM EST.
- Call for papers! Will you attend LCA XVI
- Want New Ways to Assess Packaging, Make Improvements?
Until now, most sustainability reporting platforms designed to help track, reduce and disclose environmental impact data have been financially out of reach… “How Technology Democratized Sustainable Business Practices”
LCA XVI in Charleston, SC, - or at least plan on attending!
Sustainability Boot Camp a success! Check out the buzz here!
Brown Bag Webinar! Tune in April 19, 1:00 pm EST to hear John Rooks of Rapport speak on:
How Technology Democratized Sustainable Business Practices
Several new pressures are driving small and mid-sized businesses to track their environmental footprint.
- Financial Pressures: Reduce operating costs, increase profit
- Market Pressures: Customer demand for data, competitive edge
- Social Pressures: The right thing to do
American Center for Life Cycle Assessment, ACLCA XVI – Call for papers!
If you’re involved in the Life Cycle Assessment aspect of environmental sustainability, you should definitely consider responding to the recent call for abstracts for the American Center for Life Cycle Assessment’s September conference, LCA XVI in Charleston, SC, - or at least plan on attending!
This is the premier conference for applied LCA in North America. It brings together the industry, government, NGO and academic communities that are working toward using LCA to improve manufacturing practices, policy, and stewardship.
The conference covers a range of topics in LCA and is appropriate for beginners and experts alike. Researchers present new insights into the practice of LCA and there are always a few case studies for new practitioners to get practical insights, as well as great networking opportunities.
One of the most interesting and valuable parts of the conference is the annual Industry Session, which shares best practices and insights on advancing the sustainability agenda within an organization or supply chain – a task that can be at least as challenging as data gathering and analysis. These sessions can make any LCA practitioner more effective and better able to advocate for their work. EarthShift Global often volunteers for the pre-conference training, which is a great way to begin or learn something new in the field.
The ACLCA conferences also offer insight into an especially encouraging aspect of our field: the intelligence, enthusiasm, and know-how of today’s cadre of sustainability students. These young people will be exceptionally well prepared to effect meaningful change, and the ACLCA’s annual Student Technical Poster Contest is one of the best places to see what lies ahead.
The American Center for Life Cycle Assessment (ACLCA) is accepting submissions for oral presentations, posters and special sessions to be presented at LCA XVI at the Francis Marion Hotel in Charleston, SC, September 27 – 29, 2016. Deadline for submission is May 17, 2016.
Register Today for this sustainable packaging design course in East Lansing:
Experience life cycle thinking in the umbrella of packaging, the basics and benefits of conducting a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), and learn how to build simple LCA models in PackageSmart, an easy, package design LCA program.
- Understand the basic considerations for sustainable packaging systems and how they differ globally.
- See how the packaging end-of-life scenario can be examined to reduce the environmental footprint and how to design for optimizing the environmental footprint of the packaging system.
- Learn the basics of how impact assessment methods calculate environmental impacts and the main purpose of the interpretation phase.
- The world-class SoP facilities and the unmatched quality of instructors in this course make this an ideal opportunity to quickly and easily broaden your packaging skills.
Cost: $1,195 per person (includes 2 lunches, 1 dinner on the evening of May 4)
Lodging: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, follow the link for the $145 discounted room rate (April 14, the Discounted Room Rate expires) or Call: (517) 337-4440.
New! Office, Phone and Email
EarthShift Global LLC
37 Route 236, Suite 112 • Kittery, ME 03904 USA
Call: +1 (207) 608-6228, Fax: +1 (207) 613-7437
- Subscribe to our Newsletter, includes industry updates
— TheShift Sustainability Views masthead image was provided by Brooks Campbell (Reflections on Smith River, Wolfeboro NH)